Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I wasn't ready

It's interesting. It's interesting the thoughts I had before moving to a different country. Was I really ready?

"I'm so ready to move and get out of the only place I have ever called home for 20 years."

"Everything is going to be fine. I'm sure it will all fall into place."

"I like talking with people. It won't be hard to make friends."

"Korea sends out more missionaries than any other country. Finding a church will be easy."

I find myself the past few weeks doubting each one of those confident thoughts and thinking "wow, I was really not ready." Some days are very hard.  I now understand why people say it is so important to do missions in teams and to prepare before you go. Why did I not treat this more like a mission rather than just a regular move? My heart and my mind was not ready to move away to a far away new home. But even in realizing this, I believe in God's grace to carry me through this new season.  I read this quote this morning and it gave me so much encouragement:

This new season looms and I don’t know what is next. But He doesn’t need me to be ready for this season because He is ready. He just needs me to be clinging to His feet.
By Katie Davis, Kisses from Katie

I know clinging. The past few years I have become quite acquainted with clinging to His feet, but I even need His grace to help me do this. Everything else I may not be ready for, but one thing is for sure....clinging to His feet is where I want to be, where I NEED to be.

Thankful Thought:

Our household good will be arriving today. I'm thankful more of my time will be busy and that I get to play house for the next week setting everything up :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Dani! I love your beautiful, vulnerable, trusting heart.

    ReplyDelete